EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT REVIEW
When looking at the terms of a contract, do you really understand what they mean (and what they don’t)? Review these terms with Midtown Law to ensure that your expectations align with the conditions. Based on our extensive contract review experience, we’ll dish out the advice you need so that those terms won’t come back to haunt you later.
You’ve just scored an offer for your dream job, and your contract signature is last step to officially accept. Should you sign?…only if your Employment Contract has been reviewed by someone who knows what they’re looking at. That’s where we come in.
Through reviewing countless and varied employment contracts, we’ve often seen how one’s expectations might not match to what an organization outlines for them on paper. Have you considered what you could be giving up when signing a Contract, or even an offer letter?
SIGNING WITHOUT CONSIDERING ALL THE VARIABLES COULD:
- Cost you tens of thousands of dollars (or more).
- Expose you to unwanted changes in your duties, compensation, and even location of work.
- Deprive you of vacation, statutory holidays, and
- Prior verbal or email discussions are not reflected in the terms of the contract (i.e. bonuses, working from home, other compensation)
- You’re being lured away from your previous organization.
- You’ve been provided a contract containing extensive terms and conditions.
HOW WE CAN HELP
- Review all the terms of your contract, including those that may outlast your term of employment, such as non-competition and non-solicitation clauses,
- Help you understand what they mean, and
- Ensure that you understand the potential consequences of each one.
We’ll then work with you to develop an effective strategy for negotiating any terms that you should not accept.
OUR GOAL IS SIMPLE: GIVE YOU THE PEACE OF MIND TO UNDERSTAND A CONTRACT’S IMPACT ON YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. WHETHER YOU END UP WITH A BETTER CONTRACT OR KNOW ENOUGH TO REJECT A BAD ONE, WE’RE HERE TO HELP.