Small Business and Startups
Mistakes can be costly. As a business owner, you want to avoid potential problems and future legal disputes. Our experienced counsel will proactively screen for legal issues, complete periodic compliance checks, and deliver reliable advice. If you’re in the early stages of forming your business, careful documentation and strategic decisions will fuel your success in the years to come. Even if you rushed through your formation process, we’ll help reorganize things to get you on track.
GENERAL COUNSEL SERVICES
- On-call counsel for day-to-day and emergency matters
- Reviewing and drafting contracts, agreements, memorandums of understanding, etc.
- Commercial lease agreements
- Partnership/ownership agreements and disputes
- Drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants (non-compete, confidentiality agreements, etc.)
- Review and negotiation of Franchise Agreements
- Mapping and formation of organizational structures
- Designing systems for compliance
- Quarterbacking HR matters (facilitating affordable review of employee handbooks, contracts and offer letters, employee benefit compliance, etc.)
- Trademark registration
- Advice when considering new relationships (vendor or joint venture)
- Advice on handling governance and conflict of interest issues
- Bylaws review and revision
- Policy drafting and review
NEW SMALL BUSINESSES & STARTUP SERVICES
- Reserve names
- Draft and file formation documents (the Articles of Incorporation and Articles of Organization)
- Prepare and file registrations to do business in other jurisdictions
- Obtain Employer Identification Numbers (EINs)
- Assist with writing a business plan
- Advise on selecting a business entity form and the pros/cons for each entity type.
- Draft bylaws, partnership agreements, and other management documents
- Draft organizational meeting minutes for meetings of the board of directors and/or members
- Prepare governing documents, including Document Retention Policy, Conflict of Interest Policy, Whistleblower Policy, Confidentiality Agreements, Separation Agreements, etc.
- Register trade names and trademarks with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and handle any examining attorney reviews.